Monday, November 12, 2007

Aidan Learns how To Crawl




The last 2 days, Aidan has finally succeeded in moving forward an inch or so on his hands and knees... he's been trying so hard for about 3 weeks now. He'll get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth... looks like he's revving up and getting ready to put one knee in front of the other, then he plonks down onto his belly and grins from ear to ear kinda' like saying, "mommy did u see that? I almost had u thinking I was gon'na crawl didn't I". Then there came a time when he'd back up against the edge of his playpen get up on all fours and with his feet against the edge he'll launch his body forward and look at us and laugh, "see I moved forward... no crawling involved".

I think crawling looks like one of the hardest things a baby needs to learn how to master... I didn't understand why it was so difficult until I read a book which said crawling is the first task a baby learns which requires the left and right brain to work together so that when a baby puts his left knee forward his right brain tells the left brain to put the right arm forward for balance and vice versa preventing the lil one from losing balance and falling face first.


The rate and manner in which a little human being learns and develops mentally not just physically is truly amazing.

No comments: